The Fourth Annual iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina: Celebrating Our Heroes Brings The Biggest Names In Latin Music Together For Star-Studded Concert In Miami
Ricky Martin, Gente De Zona, CNCO, Reik, Jesse y Joy, Camila Cabello, Pepe Aguilar, Luis Fonsi, Diplo and Yandel Perform Live On One Stage in Miami
Telemundo Aired LIVE Television Special on November 4 Which Included Tributes to First Responders and Heroic Efforts in Communities Impacted by Natural Disasters
New York, NY – November 6, 2017 – The fourth annual iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina: Celebrating Our Heroes, which celebrated the best in Latin music, concluded on Saturday following an evening full of star-studded performances and special tributes to first responders and communities impacted by natural disasters (please see b-roll link HERE for footage). iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina brought the power of the iHeartRadio Music Festival to Latin music and featured live performances by Ricky Martin, Gente De Zona, CNCO, Reik, Jesse y Joy, Camila Cabello, Pepe Aguilar, Luis Fonsi, Diplo and Yandel at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami. The event, hosted by Enrique Santos and Telemundo’s Jessica Carrillo.
Telemundo aired the LIVE television special on November 4 at 8pm ET/PT. In addition, iHeartMedia broadcasted the event live on Spanish-Pop, Tropical, regional Mexican and Spanish Adult Hit radio stations across the U.S and live streamed nationwide on iHeartRadio’s Official YouTube Channel. Throughout the event, iHeartMedia and Telemundo provided information on how guests and listeners could support the local communities directly impacted by natural disasters by donating to American Red Cross and The Ricky Martin Foundation.
This year, iHeartMedia and Enrique Santos presented Ricky Martin with the second annual iHeartRadio Premio Corazón Latino award. The award honors an individual that exemplifies their big heart through their selfless work in enhancing the lives, heritage and future of the Latin community. Through The Ricky Martin Foundation, Ricky Martin received this award for his support following Hurricane Maria and his constant work throughout the years with human trafficking.
Straight from the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, the magic of iHeartRadio came to Latin music with an extraordinary lineup that included the following highlights:
- Puerto Rican Superstar Ricky Martin opened the show with an incredible performance and spectacular mix of his most recent successes. After his performance, it was a special moment in Latin music history when Ricky Martin gave an emotional acceptance speech while receiving the second annual iHeartRadio Premio Corazón Latino award by iHeartRadio's Enrique Santos. Ricky Martin received this award for his support following Hurricane Maria and his constant work throughout the years with human trafficking and The Ricky Martin Foundation.
- Luis Fonsi reminded the 2017 iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina audience just how great of a song his dominating chart-topper “Despacito” is. During Fonsi's set, the singer/songwriter also performed his songs "Corazon En La Maleta," "No Me Doy Por Vencido," and "Party Animal."
- Camila Cabello slayed the stage in Miami and OMG was it amazing. There were no bad things about the performance as she brought all the energy and good vibes to the stage as she performed some of her new music, including "Havana," "OMG," "Bad Things," and ending with "Crying In The Club." She also thanked all of the first responders for their incredible service in the aftermath of all of the recent natural disasters.
- There is no group that knows better how to light a party than Gente De Zona, the most relevant tropical duo of the moment was in charge of putting the whole audience with an explosive musical set. Alexander and Randy captivated everyone with "Si No Vuelves," "Somos Tú y Yo," and "La Gozadera" three of their most successful songs. They did not stop dancing on the stage for a moment moving their hips with their already recognized seductive little steps. The group surprised by inviting the Venezuelan Chyno Miranda to the stage to sing their song "Quédate conmigo." A very special moment because all three have a lot of energy and love to dance.
- Jesse & Joy brought Gente De Zona on state to perform their new single, “3AM”. The pair had many special moments on the stage with their guitars in hand to sing their songs "I'm Not One Of Those," "Run" and "Sidereal Space." During their performance they were also honored for their efforts as volunteers after the earthquakes that shook Mexico, where they became voices of the communities and bearers of aid for the victims.
- Yandel was introduced by the Miami-Dade Fire Department who were part of the rescue team during Hurricanes Irma and Maria. The legend of the urban genre lit the with performances of "Enchanting," "Never Forget Me," "Oh My God," and "Báilame Remix," "Look at it," "Rakata" and "Ahora Es."
- Diplo closed the show with an enormous dance party, as he took the reigns behind the DJ booth to dish out beats, which included a number of Latin hits like "Mi Gente," "Rompe," "Gasolina," and even the Spanish version of Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow."
The iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina is part of iHeartMedia's incredibly successful roster of major concert events, which includes the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the biggest live concert event in radio history, which features more than 20 A-list artists across every music genre on one stage; the iHeartSummer’17 Weekend by AT&T; the nationwide iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Concert Tour; iHeartRadio ALTer EGO; the iHeartCountry Festival; and the iHeartRadio Music Awards, which generated 165 billion social media impressions.
Proud partners of the 2017 iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina include 7-Eleven, Ashley HomeStore “This is home”, AT&T, AutoNation, Justice League - in theaters November 17, Marriott International, and Telemundo.
About NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Studios, Telemundo Internacional, Telemundo International Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 17 owned stations, 55 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as Buzzfeed, Vox, and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world; Telemundo International Studios, a production unit focused on creating high-end short form, scripted formats for international markets; and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.