The First-Ever iHeartRadio ALTer Ego Brings Alternative Rock’s Biggest Superstars Together For Star-Studded Concert At The Forum In Los Angeles
Mumford & Sons, Cage The Elephant, Beck, Spoon, WALK THE MOON, The National, Dashboard Confessional and AJR Perform Live On One Stage in Los Angeles
New York, NY – January 20, 2018 – The first ever iHeartRadio ALTer Ego, which featured the biggest names in Alternative Rock concluded Friday evening with unforgettable performances from Mumford & Sons, Cage The Elephant, Beck, Spoon, WALK THE MOON, The National, Dashboard Confessional and AJR at the Forum in Los Angeles, California. The event also included special guest appearances by Sarah Hyland, Bella Thorne, Darren Criss, CHVRCHES, Jana Kramer, Wells Adams, Chris Harrison, Vanessa Grimaldi and Annaliese Puccini and broadcasted live across over 60 Alternative and Rock iHeartRadio stations.
For the first time ever, the music of iHeartRadio’s popular Alternative Rock stations and the iHeartRadio App came to life with an extraordinary lineup that included these special moments:
- Mumford & Sons returned back to the states for the first time since September 2017 to kick off the first-ever iHeartRadio ALTer Ego with a blistering set, opening the show with “Believe” before belting out folk-rock anthems “Little Lion Man,” “I Will Wait” and “Lover Of The Light” before welcoming Maggie Rogers to the stage to contribute her beautiful haunting vocals to “Awake My Soul.”
- Dashboard Confessional returned to music after eight years and performed their latest track from their forthcoming LP, “Heart Beat Here” for the first time – and with a lot of soul during their set. Frontman Chris Carrabba told the crowd, “This song is about trying to get rid of Trump.” The band also performed “Vindicated,” “Hands Down” and politically charged lead single “We Fight.”
- Beck made his triumphant return to Los Angeles, the city that birthed not only the sonic pioneer but his eclectic musical style at iHeartRadio’s ALTer Ego. After kicking off his performance with his 1994 mega hit “Loser," the postmodernist unleashed joyous dance tracks off his thirteenth studio album Colors, a sublime piece of alt-pop that he crafted specifically for his live performances onto the sold-out venue.
- WALK THE MOON officially reestablished themselves as "a band’s band of dudes playing rock music together”. The Cincinnati, Ohio-formed band performed new hits “One Foot,” “Kamikaze,” "Surrender," 2014 smash hit “Shut Up and Dance,” and even 2010 throwback “Anna Sun.”
- Cage the Elephant shut down iHeartRadio’s inaugural ALTer Ego with pyro and high-energy. The pumped-up performance featured performances of “To Late to Say Goodbye,” “Cold Cold Cold,” “It’s Just Forever,” “Come a Little Closer,” “Teeth,” “Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked,” and “Shake Me Down.”
- The National performed “Blood Buzz,” “The System,” “Day I Die,” “Guilty Party,” “I Need My Girl,” and “Mr. November.”
iHeartRadio ALTer EGO is the newest in iHeartMedia's incredibly successful roster of major concert events, which includes the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the biggest live concert event in radio history, which features more than 20 A-list artists across every music genre on one stage; the iHeartSummer’17 Weekend by AT&T; the nationwide iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Concert Tour; the iHeartCountry Festival; the iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina; and the iHeartRadio Music Awards, which generated 165 billion social media impressions.
iHeartRadio ALTer EGO is an iHeartMedia Production. Proud partners of this year's event include Jersey Mike's Subs® and SoFi. For more information, visit iHeartRadio.com/alterego.